It's back to School season that no one loves, but it's fun nonetheless. Shopping for school supplies is a blast for me, not the actual studying, so I'll try to help you get an A+ on your next exam, and how to not fall behind at school.
According to www.quora.com the best time to study is: 8 am - 10 am.
Brain function 100%: 6 am - 10 am.
Brain function 50%: 10 am - 7:30 pm.
Brain function 20%: Night time.
How to not fall behind at school?
1. Don't skip classes... This is the easiest step and the key to success.
2. Prepare in advance... To avoid the shock of new info, simply reading through the chapter the night before can be very helpful.
3. Soak in new info in class... While everything is still fresh in your memory soak it all in.
4. Ask questions right away... Before the teacher moves on, while you still remember what you don't get.
5. Study a bit after class.... To help the new material settle in your head, study in chunks and avoid cramming before tests.
How to start studying (Tips)?
Step 1: Put on comfortable cloths.
Step 2: Clean your desk and through away unnecessary papers.
Step 3: Get your books.
Step 4: Get a notebook.
Step 5: Grab some pens and colorful postit notes.
Step 6: Turn off all distractions.
Step 7: Look for a playlist.
Step 8:Get a healthy snack and a bottle of water.
Step 9: Take breaks.
Step 10: Get cracking.
How to highligh?
- Don't use one single-colored highlighter.
- Try use several different colors.
- Assign each color a specific purpose.
-This creates a color coding system.
Therefore making your material easier to understand and learn.
Example of a system:
Pink:Titles and headlines.
Blue: Terminology and vocab.
Green: Definitions and explanations of terminology. (Green explains Blue).
Orange: Examples of the terms.
Yellow: Other things, Misc.
How to study:
1. For essay based subjects:
-Make mind maps.
2. For Science/ Maths:
-Practice using textbook & pat paper.
- Understand the course as you're learning it.
-Don't wait until the exam to seek for help
-Highlight your text books.
3. Revise in short 30 minutes burst then take 5 minutes break. (Scientifically proven to be effective)
4. Eat a balanced diet, hydrate and exercise.
5. Make studying fun setting goals and rewarding yourself when you've reached them.
6. Don't just MEMORIZE content, UNDERSTAND content.
How to stay motivated while studying?
- Change pens.
- Use sticky notes.
-Take 15 minutes breaks.
-Use colorful pens and highlighters.
-Use videos to study.
-Chat with friends about studying.
-Read instead of writing, and write instead of reading.
-Change study position.
- Make a checklist and tick it off.
How to get an A+?
1. Prepare your classes, read your assign reading before class.
2. In class write notes, pay attention and ask questions.
3. After class study your class, make sure to read your notes and make a studying guide.
4. Review, the weekend after class review your week's study.
5. Prep your tests, mark them on your calendar, divide your days for each exam and decide when and what are you studying on each day.
Here you go guys, these were my tips and tricks on how to study and be great at it.
please leave your feedback down below and don't forget t share.