It's the start of the new financial year plus it's back to school season...
So why not start fresh with an organized life, new beginning new start, I'll give you my top 5 skills you need to develop in order to organize your life and stay organized throughout the year.
5 Skills you need to learn to organize your life:
1. Time Management Skills:
So Time management is key to an organized life, you only have 24 hours per day, we spend 8 hours sleeping, 8 hours working and we end up with 8 hours to work around to get our life together, so time management is key.
You'll find some tips on How work smarter not harder? here.
Tips to help you manage your time:
1. Make a schedule, Planners are amazing. Use a journal to track what you do everyday, and how much time you spend on each task. Schedule more time than you think you need for meetings to build in a natural buffer.
2. Make weekly goals to keep yourself accountable.
3.Prioritize. Write down 3 - 5 must - do priorities each morning and knock them out early in the day. The task Priority Sheet is the way to go. Spend more time on your priorities, time is highly elastic and will stretch to accommodate what we choose to put into it.
4. Don't be a time waster.
5. Take breaks when you start to lose steam.
2. Filling Skills:
Keep all your bills, documents, receipts and other important paper in folders for each month out of the year for easy access just more organization. For expenses you can always divide them into IN and OUT folders.
Free printable are your friend.
Having a clean space is the number one inspiring method to get things done. When you have less stuff to stumble on when working will make focus more on the job and less on the clutter around you.
You will my tips on Decluttering very helpful, check them out.
4. DIY Skills:
The most affordable way to organize your space is by recycling items you already have to serve a different purpose that what they're meant to.
1. Use a cloths hanger to organize scarfs.
2. Use a food stand to display your most worn jewelry.
3. Use a mug holder to display your necklaces.
5. Labeling Skills:
Labels are used so we can find stuff more easily, so use plenty of them .
1. Use washi tape to label electric cords.
Roll out washi tape on a hard surface and write the name of each item.
Wrap washi tape around the cords and stick washi tape to washi tape.
Trim out triangle to create a flag shape and place in your power strip.
2. Use nail polish to label your keys.
you can write on them and once the ink is dried seal it with a clear top coat.
3. Label your pantry jars and spices to make it easier to find everything.
I hope you found these tips useful to have a more organized life free of clutter.
Please comment and share with your friends cause I worked extra hard on this post.